? ??????????????Black Rose Letter? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (36 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 9335 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Elegant Moment? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (64 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 17846 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Have a Dream

'To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do'.
Kahlil Gibran

I am a dreamer. I dream of great things to be fulfilled in my short life. I shall not shirk from my duty in fulfilling my dreams even though so many times I have been ridiculed by people around me. What do they know about the esctasy of visualizing greatness in your life? If they have a problem of stepping out of their comfortable life, well, I don't.

I know that my time is running out, thus, I have listed down these goals that I have to achieve in my life time:

Explore:

1. Nile River
2. Tasik Kenyir (done - will do it again in March)
3. Kinabatangan River
4. Mississippi River

Climb:

1. Mount Kinabalu
2. Fuji- san
3. Banjaran Titiwangsa
4. Gunung Ledang
5. Mount Vesuvius
6. Tartar Mountain Range in Poland - (yeah, took a cable car to the peak)

Visit:

1. Jewish Concentration Camp in Auschwitz (visited in 1997)
2. Salsburg - the set for "The Sound of Music" (visited in 1998)
3. Vienna (visited in 1998)
4. Kyoto - Kinkakuji Temple (visited in 2008)
5. Tokyo Disneyland (had fun there like a little kid in 2008)
6. Egypt
7. Iran (Insyallah this August)
8. India (The Taj Mahal)
9. China (The Great Wall of China, The Forbidden City)
10. New Zealand
11. Baltic Sea
12. St. Petersburg
13. Greenwich (the Meridian Line)- yup, been there.
14. The British Museum (checked)
15. The Lourve Museum in Paris
16. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
17. The Vatican City
18. The Colloseum
19. The Leaning Tower of Pisa
20. Sydney Opera House
21. The White House
22. Rodeo's Drive, Beverly Hills
23. Scandanavian countries
24. Morrocco

On the cruise:

1. Danube River
2. Nile River
3. River Thames (accomplished in 2000 - from Greenwich)

Swim in:

1. The Dead Sea
2. Tasik Kenyir (accomplished in January 2009)
(don't really like swimming, actually..)

Accomplish:

1. Hajj in Mekah
2. Stitch 6 quilt comforters (but first I got to learn how to stitch properly)
3. Fly in a blimp
4. Ride an elephant and a camel (mission accomplished)
5. White water rafting (at least twice in my life)
6. Sing to a live band (yup, done that so many times already)
7. Immerse myself in an onsen/ ufuro in Japan-(yup done that, and will definitely do it again, now I am aiming for a more crowded one, just to see how daring I am..hahhaha)
8. Dance on an empty dance floor for almost an hour (hahhaha..done)
9. Hold my breath for 1 minute underwater
10. Catch a fish using a fishing rod (yup, done that three times already)
11. Appear on TV (done)
12. Appear on air (done)
13. Appear on the Internet (done-check put http://www.eduwebtv.com/ - on kecemerlangan PMR)
14. Get married and have kids (yup, done that too)
15. Read the Qur'an from cover to cover (done)
16. Be familliar with the works of Shakespeare, Plato, Dickens, Rousseau, Twain, Hemmingway, A Samad Said, Tolstoy, Conrad, Austen, Leroux, Gibbon, Steinbeck.(all done already)
17. Learn Arabic (accomplished)
18. Learn Japanese
19. Learn Calligraphy
20. Give birth without the epidural (yes, three times)
21. Give birth to twins
22. Afro-braided my hair (done that in 1998)
23. Take up photography
24. Take up Aikido (practising it now)
25. Write books (best sellers)
26. Write movie scripts
27. Produce box office movies
28. Sing for a movie soundtrack
29. Learn piano seriously
30. Compose songs
31. Paint on canvas (in the process)
32. Exhibit my paintings in an art exhibition
33. Bank in loads of cash before 35
34. Edit speeches for the PM (unofficially I have done this)
35. Edit entries for journals and books (done this before)
36. Publish articles in the National Geographic, Readers' Digest
37. Write in a magazine (accomplished- will definitely do it again)
38. Start a blog (hello, I am here already)
39. Homeschool one of my kids (in the process)
40. Open up a school for the poor (in Sabah)
41. Start a business in Eco-Tourism in Sabah (on the way)
42. Buy myself a 1960's Volkswagon Beetle
43. Start a rubber plantation (now pushing hubby to do so..)
44. Teach in a school and inspire the kids (I guess, that's what I have been doing now)
45. Weigh 60 kg stripped (OMG, that's tough)
50. Get acquainted to yoga and pillates (yup, already)
51. Become familliar with the compositions of Bach, Beethoven, Debussy, Mozart, Tschaikovsky..( yes, already)
52. Learn salsa
53. Take up belly dancing class
54. Learn water and snow skiing
55. Drink matcha in an authentic Japanese tea house (yes, accomplished in Gifu, 2008)
56. Address to a non-English speaking crowd and try to get my points across (acoomplished with much effort)
57. Wear a yukata or a kinomo (accomplished)
58. Dress up and make up like a geisha of Gion
59. Learn kendo

Alright, so far, these are the things that I want to accomplish. These are not crazy things but they are my dreams.




16 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

why lah tokyo disneyland? cali disneyland lagi best. Come lah so i can go again. lol.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

OK2..I actually nak p segala mcm disneyland..next year p hong kong disneyland pulak.

Desert Rose said...

Dearest,

Dalam byk2 list tu when u r going places esp Disneyland, pls roger me k, if cannot ikut at least can kirim LOL

The rest look TOUGH, except salsa, yeahh ajak la I k.or maybe flamenco or even quasaduble...but if u takat nak pi Pocho2 line dancing thanks but no thanks. Been there, Done that...macam haram

Mimi said...

I want to go to Disneyland too!! The Metrpolitan Museum of Art pun besttt la..bila la agaknya..hmmm

I'm very interested with ur No. 39 (Accomplish list)...please share ur experience with us..

Semoga semua your wish/dream list jadi kenyataan..ameen

Naz in Norway said...

Ida,
I tolong Aminkan semua semua yang belum tercapai :)

Faa said...

go puan ida! (;

Kak Teh said...

Ida, that's a lot you have DONE! I was looking through and banyak yang kak teh belum DONE. so, well DONE!

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Kak Eza,

I p tokyo disneyland beli T-shirt, photo frame, chocolates and tinkerbell pop corn container je..punya la mahal you tau..but I took lots of pictures. If u want to bring along the kids boleh, tapi I rasa biaq la depa besaq sikit sebab ramai org la..

Salsa..hmm..it has been my dream to dance salsa like the dance floor is mine..The problem is that my hubby dia tak mau join dancing class..jadi, terpaksalah i cari dancing 'partner'...hahhahahahha..
astagfirullah

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Mimi,

Nak tau pasal homeschooling, pls visit www.littlekittle.com

Ada seminar on homeschooling, actually, you nak join ke?

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Alahai Kak Naz, timasih lah kerana amin kan ye..i pun harap u capai semua impian u...

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Faa..huh, ni apasal online ni? dah abih study dah? hahha

I want u to achive your goals too..make full use of your talents..kita hidup hanya sekali tau..

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Kak teh..tq. madam..these are simple goals that I need to fulfill. I must fulfill all these goals..

lenzaidi said...

Gosh..im running out of time by looking at Ida's dream list.You are a dreamer, Woman. Yoga/Pilattes been/done with it and loving it now.Mecca no haj yet but umrah.swimming? i dont float Ida heheh.Scaled Mt Kinabalu when i was 17!Go Ida Go!

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Len,

U have scaled Kinabalu when u were 17? Ya la, I should have done taht when I was younger and lighter..hahha..sekarang sudah berat dgn macam la..excessive lemak, personal baggage..haiya..

Lee said...

Holy Smoke! That sure a lot of dreams you have, Ida Hariati.
Saya ada satu dream,....to meet you one day, say, "hello Ida Hariati...I presume"?...Give you one rose, Then buy you lunch. Ha ha.

Have a nice day Ida, Lee.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Awww..Lee, I'm flattered...hahha. Would love to take a trip to Canada too..:)