? ??????????????Black Rose Letter? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (36 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 9335 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Elegant Moment? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (64 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 17846 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Blues

Love is in the air. But I am sleeping alone tonight. When almost everyone is busy making preparations for the Valentine's Day tomorrow, I am sitting here all by myself, figuring out the subject matter for my writing here.

Where are the others? You might be wondering. Well, they are here at home with me. Just now, about 20 minutes ago, there was a commotion coming from my room, I heard laughter and all. I could visualize my hubby doing acrobatics with the kids (minus Didi as she is still small). I could also picture the degree of mess they have caused to my bed. I should have listened to my hubby, never spread white or off white bedsheets on the bed, no matter how much I love the feel of crisp cotton white sheets caressing my skin.

The bed canopy too, I should have abandoned the idea as now it has tilted to one side. Nothing much I could do now as the bed, that used to be the love nest has become the playground or perhaps the trampoline for the kids..and their father too.

Suddenly, there was silence. No more strings of laughter coming from the room. I wondered what were they up to. I had to go and check.

The scene is predictable. I have seen it so many times. Yes, the canopy has ceased to be the decor to the bed. It is more like a dangling ugly piece of white sheet stuck to the turkish tile turquoise feature wall.

The off white laced duvet was sprawling on the floor.

The pillows were naked, I wondered where were the cases, under the bed, as usual.

I was pretty upset to see this. Then my eyes caught sight of something that no words could ever describe.

How do you describe the rupture of joy and love seeing your loved ones in slumber in each others' arms (and legs?). There they were, all four of them, packed up like a can of sardines, on the bed which I was suppose to keep warm on the eve of Valentine's Day. Well, I will have to sleep in my daughter's room tonight. I might be sleeping alone, but I am sure the core of my life, my love is just in the next room.

Sweet dreams my love. Everyday is a Valentine's Day.

16 comments:

mamasita said...

Awwww..the daddy-o is so loving and punyalah main dengan the kids sampai semua terbongkang tidur! hahaha
A rare and beautiful picture Ida!
You've got a great partner there! True..everyday is a Valentine's day for the whole family!

Mama Huptihup said...

ida,

nice to know that sensei is playing with the kids...many fathers I know tak pernah main dgn ank2 tau..marah je depa pandai, nak main dgn anak tak pandai...

after we got kids, I sleep with emil on my right side and odin on the left side...and it will be like that until we move to our own place and they can get their own rooms. It is a safety I can offer them other than being with them...Imagine how happy your kids are to be with their father...and as for u...try to steal him once in a while from the children...it would be more fun!! :D

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear datin mama,

Yup my hubby memang suka berseloroh dgn the kids...the kids pun suka jump on him, but dgn i they all tak berani, sebab i tak suka bebising.

Guilty jugak as there are times when I consider them as too rowdy..sama la bapak dgn anak.

baru kejap tadi i terdengar one of them mengigau tergelak..hahah

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Lyana,

I steal suzalie during odd hours as i like surprises. If semua sudah plan baik punya, i tak suka sebab tak de excitement..hahhaha. Risk is sexy!

Ni tadi depa melisuh atas my bed punya la riuh...

Suzalie is a great father, the kids just love him so much. But heran la, dalam dok melawak tu, depa dgr cakap dia, hang tau..kalau i cakap sampai bebuih mulut baru nak jalan..apa tangkai suzalie ni pakai?

Faa said...

pn ida, i love your new pic :)
you hve such a great family ;)

Salt N Turmeric said...

Did you take any pictures? That must have been one hell of a family picture and one that is worth hanging in the living room wall! You should have squeeze in and join the crowd. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

dear faa,

tq so much..yea i have a great family..alhamdulillah

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

dear princess S&T,

I wanted to take some pic, but I could not find the camera as i don't know where my hubby hid the camera as my kids selalu main camera...hahahah

Lupa pulak yg hand phone ada camera..hahah

I pernah join in dulu, but i could not sleep well as my kids tido very lasak. I got kicked and all, jadi better i tido sorang-sorang, lagi selamat..let the acrobats sleep together, the ring master (i la tu) needs to be in her own caravan!

Kak Teh said...

Ida, what is some mess and a tilting canopy? there's more love underneath it all - what a beautiful entry.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

dear kak teh,

I agree with u? nothing compares to the joy they had together, and I had the pleasure listening to their laughter too..

Lee said...

Hi Ida, now this is what I call 'a night to remember', ha ha.
Other times was different I guess...
and yes, everyday is a Valentine day when you have a wonderful loving family...and with several 'squatters' on your bed, ha ha.

Have fun, Ida. Happy Valentine, Lee.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Lee,

It does not happen every night, or else I'll go mad la, why must I sleep alone?

shaq said...

Your hobby is homo sapient, corporal and bona fide. This Valentine thing was concocted on his species. Good he has worked out how to spend it. Genius!!

Sekou Seasay aka shaq

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Shaq,

U homo sapiens read the same old boring book on "How to be the Dominant Male"..hahhahahha..

When everyday is a Valentine's Day..all these things do not matter..He loves me unconditionally..*wink*

Mama Huptihup said...

ida,

when i read sekou punya komen tu kan, i can hear his voice lah...OMG, meremang bulu roma...haha kan depa ni ckp sepesen saja dia punya slang tu kan...hmmmm

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

lyana,

dia dok tergelak kat i tu..berani dia mai sini no...karang satu iium alumni tau!