? ??????????????Black Rose Letter? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (36 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 9335 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Elegant Moment? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (64 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 17846 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Out of the Box(es)

No..there won't be any twist in the ending for this post. You'll get what you read.

I have been away from the virtual world for almost a week already..I cannot deny that I miss my friends here terribly. I have been very very busy with the new home. Done a lot of unpacking and throwing away stuff. Talking about getting rid off stuff, I never knew that for the past 5 years, I have been collecting junks. Goodness! We needed three trips (3 tonnes lorry) to shift the things to the new place..and the old place was just a 950sf apartment!

Now that the new place is a larger condo unit, I hope we won't stock up any unwanted things again. I hope to abstain from buying more clothes and shoes..goodness. I wonder how many pairs of shoes does a sensible woman need in her life? The truth is that I've already about 10 pairs in my car, not more than 4 pairs in my hubby's car (saja je taruk situ...just to stamp MY presence in his car, huh!). I have many more at home..but I always end up wearing the same black stillettoes to work and my dilapidated sandals for driving...Oh yes, I just bought a pair of black boots (very high cut) as a preparation for my trip to Tokyo this coming winter. Now, I wonder where to statch them..

Clothes? Good Heavens...another problem. I've unpacked some boxes and found some clothes still nicely packed since our move from London in 2004. The fresh smell of the detergent used back then still lingers. Man, now I miss London (pulak dah!).

My hubby got suspicious of my junk throwing frenzy, so he dug into some of the boxes..guess what, he scolded me for throwing away some of those unwanted stuff as he believes of their sentimental value. One sweet gesture that he made was when he took out the already 'carca-marba' and faded green quilt comforter from the box, and declared keeping it as it carries the fond memories during my pregnancy. (He has many times openly declared that he prefers me being pregnant..tu sebab I've been conceiving tak renti-renti ni...hahhahah). Another dilapidated thing we are keeping is his red and blue Coleman sleeping bag, he said it reminds him of his mountain climbing days...another thing is that he believes Adam (my son) was conceived on that..(ops!)

Hmmm..finally got rid of my so many plastic containers, that shows how very often we 'tapau' food and shows how busy the lady of the house is..

Now my mission is to find the connecting wire for the PC and camera, so that I can download some pics...but before that, I've to go to TM to change my add and number, I really need the Net..life seems incomplete without it...hehehhe.

Will write about the new place when I have settled with things here. As a start, let me just give you a sneek peek of the new place. My kids think it's haunted, duh! Sigh..so much of adjusting to be done. Wish me luck, friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

penat kan unpack bebarang dr boxes..
Shoes byk penting utk menjamin kesihatan jantung n jiwa yg sihat..haha.
I like your idea; put shoes in ur hubby's car..

Mama Huptihup said...

i know the mess and the tiredness ida...masa we all pack dulu pun rasa mcm nak humban semua sekali..jus imagine la brg2 yg my MIL simpan..kupon zaman perang pun ada tau...ni next week nak asingkan brg2 yg nak msk kontena send to msia lak..semua kat storehouse...pastu bulan 3 ni nak send..jenuh la...

i ada 3 boots,1 joging shoes,1 selipar jepun, 1 selipar bulu kambing buat pakai dlm rumah..tu je...ari tu nak beli lagi satu boots, sekali tgk kulit babi la...

i pun suka la idea u letak kasut dlm kereta sensei...ada makna tu haha...i ingat u ada jahit2 comforter kat sarah dulu..habis tak u buat? sensei mmg sentimentol jugak kan, semua nak buat kenangan...:D

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

dear mimi,

kat dalam keta sensei macam2 lagi artifacts i yg i simpan, ada one bag of kain yang i tak p hantaq jahit tailor lagi, Didi's stroller, Ben's toys..boleh dikatakan byk le bukti yang tuan punya keta sudah beranak-pinak..hahhah.

are you planning for another baby? bestnya...

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

dear lyana,

bab jahit menjahit ni, memang i ada cita-cita besaq..as expected, comforter sarah meamng tak siap, so i decided to keep for Didi, but then now Didi pun dah setahun lebih, pun comforter masih belum siap...hahhahhah.

Two days ago, sarah saw the many materials i've cut to stich for her baju kurung, so she asked me bila nak siap..problemnya, i belum terror nak p sambung pesak, susah betoi la...so as the result, keje terbengkalai lagi...books on sewing dah beli, siap ada cutting pattern lagi, but bila ntah i nak pandai menjahit ni...

Ni suzalie hinted pasal curtain pulak...should i try and stitch? Bila sarah nak kahwin nanti baru siap kot...kihkihkihkih...

lenzaidi said...

ADa car sticker i came across the other day.It says,...

I AM MARRIED AND SO BACK OFF.Mau tak nya kita lekat kat kereta dia.
cheers.

Mama Huptihup said...

bab jahit i mmg x nak try pun sbb i know takkan habis punya haha...but i like cross stitch...makan tahun jugak baru habis haha...

at least u try kan..tahniah sbb dare to try...nnt kalau u terer buat curtain, i buleh suruh u jahitkan utk umah baru i nnt :D

Mama Huptihup said...

ur house haunted?? suspen k...