? ??????????????Black Rose Letter? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (36 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 9335 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Elegant Moment? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (64 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 17846 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Tribute to Mama

"It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding"


I was working on an important paper at work today when suddenly I received a call from my daughter's school. Sarah was on the line complaining about her being feverish. She added that she has been coughing and vomitting. Oh yes, her head was spinning too. Then, with her ever so sweet childish voice she whimpered, "Mummy, can I go home and rest?". At that moment, anger almost consumed me. You see, my full concentration on this piece of work which I have been procrastinating to complete, was shattered by that call. The deadline is tomorrow noon and I am in deep trouble. So blankly, I told Sarah to go to the sick bay and rest, as Mummy is very busy at work. Besides, I was waiting for my lesson periods with the Form Sixers. We are going to do something fun during class today.

Then I requested to speak to the teacher in charge. As I was talking to the teacher, I heard my baby girl in a coughing fit on the background. I paused. Hell, what have I done? My baby just S.O.Sed me and I declined to take heed? How cold hearted I could be to my own daughter! My Mama was never like this, even though she was hundred times busier than I am now. She might have been thousands of miles away from me, but she would never decline if I needed help or attention.

As I was driving to fetch Sarah from school, the thought of my Mama was with me....(Mariah Carey's latest hit, Bye Bye was on the background)..

Dear Mama, I was exactly Sarah's age when I used to call you several times complaining about my headache, runny nose and sore throat. Then you would never fail to pick me up at school immediately you received my calls. The truth is Mama, I was not really sick. I just needed to be at home as school was so disappointing. I know you know the motive of my false calls, but you have never disappointed me. Instead, it was I who's always make you down. I know you have had a bumpy ride in your endeavours making me who I am now.

Those heart wrenching arguements and unnecessary worries that I have caused you. Still your love for me never tarnishes. Indeed it is true that a father may turn his back on his child; brothers and sisters may become enemies; husbands may desert their wives and wives their husbands. But a mother's love endures through all; in good repute, in bad repute, in the face of the world's condemnation, a mother still loves on, and still hopes that her child may turn from his evil ways, and repent; still she remembers the infant smiles that once filled her bosom with rapture, the merry laugh, the joyful shout of his childhood, the opening promise of his youth; and she can never be brought to think him all unworthy. I am a mother like you now, I understand the pains and joys of motherhood. I am still learning about life, you know I always learn the hard way. I appreciate your strenght and unconditional love..Maramin Salamat, Ginquye Barzo, Terima Kasih Mama..

Sarah is standing next to me now. Pleading me to let her go skating with friends in the yard. I said I thought she is not well. She gigled childishly and announced, "It was just a runny nose because I felt chill in the classroom as the fan was spinning at top speed..". Indeed, she learns from the best, I am her Mummy.

4 comments:

Mohd Radzian said...

I thought baiknya .. till the last paragraph duh duh ! hehe..

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Biasa Radzian..dia pun mcm mummy nya jugak, 'attention seeker' as dubbed by a dear friend.Well, last Tuesday she called me at school again, sakit telinga pulak..so again, I obliged. Siapa tak sayang anak oii...

lenzaidi said...

ney, another time around make sure she sounds real sick before you take heed to move.Otherwise this will be a routine for both mum and child.phew.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Len,

You tau lah my sumandak tu mcm mana..hehhe. Wah i speaking sabah pulak ngan u..hehheh. Anyway, yeah u are right, lagi pun kita di SAB pun once at work sudah jadik mcm robot kat sana..kerja bertimbun...jadik difficult nak keluar if there is any emergency. sigh..