? ??????????????Black Rose Letter? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.8 (36 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 9335 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Elegant Moment? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (64 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 17846 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Spring Is Here!? ????? ?????? ???Rati CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

To forgive and forget

Phew..such a hectic life I'm having now..work and work and work. I have no time for myself and kids, I even missed my monthly facial treatment and body masage. I have not been working out in the gym for weeks now...all because of work. Looking forward for the holiday, but then just receive a directive today to invigilate the STPM exams from 12 November - 4 December. Sigh..there goes half of my holiday..and on the 13 - 16 December, I'll be busy preparing for the Tokyo trip scheduled 16 - 25 December 2008. I thought I want to organize a house warming kenduri doa selamat cum open house late November, I wonder if that can be materialized.

Well, actually that is not my point for scribbling in this blog today. I just want to reflect something on a (good) deed I've done. Now don't get me wrong, I am not to boast about how good a person I am, just sharing...

Few months back, I was harshly approached by a colleague. The way she spoke to me was as if I have neglected my responsiblity as the class teacher. The problem was that she has misunderstood the instruction given during the assembly, so she thought that I did not do my work and that I was simply trying to escape from my duty. I was so stressed up with work at that time , so I responded to her rather harshly. I don't do that to colleagues as I know that would be unprofessional. (This person has done several things to hurt my feelings too.)

I got so upset that I work a comment on my status on Facebook, some friends wanted to know why but I just said it was a problem at work. Then days after the incident, we had this Mohon Restu Program, in which we all 'bersalam-salaman' as the Eid was just around the corner.

There she was, standing in the line...I hesitated to get close to her as we have not been in talking terms since the rude encounter. But then, I listened to the angelic side of me..I went to her and salam cium tangan lagi. I knew she was kinda surprise as maybe she thought that I would not humble myself to that extent. ( Many said that I look arrogant and unfriendly..but actually, I take time to warm up to strangers. I might be ter'over' friendly when chatting on the Net, but in actual fact, I prefer to listen and crack a few jokes and observe and ponder about things before me..) I can also sit still and do nothing (if not reading)..I will look pensive, but actually my mind is scheming or imagining things..sigh, I am a loner, sometimes...

Well, back to my story, so after that salam cium tangan incident, she spoke to me, I cracked jokes, she laughed..everything seems ok...

At this moment, the teachers are very busy trying to finalize so many things, there are files to complete, accounts to close..and so on and so forth...On top of that we are going to have this Graduation Day, so the whole school is buzzing. Anyway, I know that I have to complete this filing task for my Uniform Body, I hate doing this.

God is Great. To my surprise, this friend of mine, who happens to be my partner in the same extra cocurricular unit, has taken the initiative to take up the task. Alhamdulillah. I acknowledged her effort and thanked her, she said it is ok. She even saved her work in the desktop at the teacher's computer room, just in case I need to use the template in the future. Goodness..now I know it pays to be kind and forgiving to others. She has definitely lifted one big concrete off my shoulder. May God bless those who are helpful to others.

4 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Ida, that is so good of you. I will tell you my story before I scoot off to work: I was promoted over the heads of some senior people. There were some bad vibes of course because at that time I was still young. The oldest took offence - and couldnt stand taking instructions from me. He was given early retirement. We didnt meet for almost ten years perhaps. Then I was back in malaysia, i caught sight of him at the airport. Within a split second, like you, i listen to the sngel side in me. I shouted his name and we hugged for the longest time. If I had missed that moment, it would have gone forever. I am glad I did that because, a few years after that, he passed away. Al fatehah.

Mama Huptihup said...

xde maknanya nak berdendam kan..u did the right thing :D

lenzaidi said...

Pssstttt this holds some truths...
'To err is human and to forgive is divine'.Keep doing this, life shall be more bearable.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Tq ladies...yeah, it pays to be kind..

Yesterday, the person saw me sitting in the class alone and approached me, I think that's nice..

I'm kinda busy nowadays, notebook kena serang virus..kesian bah..I'll write something here next week..miss you guys so much!